On the boat
You won’t find any single-use plastics on this boat! We’ve taken quite a few measures to ensure that when you dive with Pure Diving, you don’t need to worry about your impact on the environment.
MEET THE DRUMFISH
The most important house rule on the “Drumfish” is that we don’t allow the collection of shells, sand dollars, urchin skeletons, coral, etc. What is in the ocean, stays in the ocean. Except for trash ofcourse! Divers that come up from a dive with 3 or more pieces of debris, get our much revered Pure Diving Aruba Gold Star!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE
Some of our other practices include:
- Promoting good buoyancy during our dives and courses.
- The Drumfish runs, at least partly, on Aruban made Biodiesel.
- Your tanks are filled with 100% Aruban sunshine thanks to the solar panels that drive our compressor.
- We offer free reusable cups on the dive boat.
- We serve our sandwiches in paper bags instead of plastic.
- We’ve used only the most eco-friendly paints and antifouling coatings available on Aruba on our boat.