Aruba is known for its wrecks. Where most Caribbean islands have one or two diveable wrecks, Aruba has over ten. The third largest wreck of the entire Caribbean, the German freighter Antilla, lies just off Palm beach. Aruba has so much more to explore although. How about two sunken airliners? Or an old pilot boat? Cocaine smuggling freighter?
A list of Aruba’s diveable wrecks up to 30 meters/100 feet:
Some other wrecks, harder to reach or deeper than 30 meters/100 ft are:
- California (shallow, but strong currents)
- Bali Barge (28-43 meters/90-140 ft)
- Topaz (33-47 meters/110-150 ft)
- Morningstar (28-37 meters/90-120 ft)
- Mi Dushi (28-37 meters/90-120 ft)