In the shop
WELCOME TO PURE DIVING ARUBA MANGROVE HQ
Nestled in the mangroves on Aruba’s south coast lies our beautiful outdoor dive center. This lovely site is quite litterally surrounded by nature. One can often spot turtles breaking the surface of the shallow waters in front of the pier. Crabs and juvenile fish can be seen roaming the shelter of the mangrove root network. You will be spotting interesting marine life before you even get on the dive boat!
We have only recently opened shop at this site and we are currently implementing our eco measures. All conservation starts small, but we at Pure Diving believe you should strive to do it as big as you can! We have found that with a little bit of creativity, you can accomplish immense differences in your consumption patterns.
This is what we are currently doing, or working on implementing, at our dive center:
- We will use a system of special water-conserving rinse tanks for our scuba gear.
- We use salt water to flush our toilets.
- We have a free water fountain, where you can refill you bottles with fresh drinking water.
- We are working on an app to reduce paper use as much as possible in our dive shop.
- We attempt to use only highly efficient light bulbs and recycle all our paper, plastics, glas and more.
A MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SITE
Our awesome location doubles as the Headquarters for the Caribbean Lionfish Alliance. We make sure their volunteer Lionfish eradicators are able to pick up and drop off their tanks and lionfish hunting gear for refills and maintenance. Learn more about the Caribbean Lionfish Alliance on our Projects page or on their Facebook page.
And on top of all that, the Aruba Wakeboard School, run by professional wake boarder Edirik Jong, is also located at our location. Feel free to let us know if you want to try your hand at some “on-top-of-the-waves” action and we will bring you into contact with Edirik.